Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Rob's Novel


I am re-reading the epic fantasy novel written by my son Rob. The first chapter is one of the most gripping introductions I have ever read in a fantasy novel. It really pulled me into the story. Then, there is continuous action, with an interesting cast of characters: Morganna: the orphaned child mage, Corr: the mage who is her rescuer and mentor, Loren: the swordsman protector, Zac: the young officer who sees the rightness of her cause but is bound to follow orders, Kharak: the bear-like warrior devoted to Morganna; and on the opposing side, the Green Queen: a powerful mage with a thirst to become a god at any cost, Arios: her general and champion, an imprisoned god of destruction, and a twisted and corrupted army.

Rob has put together an engaging novel, that I find to be a real page-turner. I have recently read the "Divergent" series and the first two books of the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" and I find "The God Chronicles" compares very favorably with both, but is more of adult fiction than juvenile fiction.

I like reading the paper version, but it is also available as an inexpensive e-book for about $4 from Chapters Indigo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home