Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Finding More Kinneys!

For the last few days I have been sourcing my family tree at FamilySearch Family Tree.

Most of the sources that I found were ones that I already had attached to the people, but I found some new ones. I find it a little frustrating that FamilySearch uses the British census indexes from findmypast. My issue is that their index doesn't list the other people on the page, just the person you are searching for. Clicking the link to the page image on findmypast brings up a "This page is coming soon" message, which is of no immediate help. I much prefer searches on the censuses on ancestry.com.

I searched on ancestry.com for Harry Kinney, who seemed like a possible member of the William James Kinney family. I found him in the 1891 census!

1891 England Census about Harry Kinney
Name: Harry Kinney
Age: 6
Estimated birth year: abt 1885
Relation: Son
Father's Name: James Kinney
Mother's name: Jane Kinney
Gender: Male
Where born: Liverpool
Civil Parish: Kirkdale
Ecclesiastical parish: St Paul
County/Island: Lancashire
Country: England
Registration district: West Derby
Sub-registration district: Kirkdale
ED, institution, or vessel: 34
Piece: 2966
Folio: 8
Page Number: 15
Household Members:
Name Age
James Kinney 44
Jane Kinney 38
Lillie J Kinney 21
Susan Kinney 17
Edward Kinney 15
William Kinney 13
Thomas Kinney 10
Robert Kinney 8
Harry Kinney 6
Mary Kinney 4
Frederick Kinney 3/12
Margaret Kinney 19


Up to this point, the most complete information I had on this family was from the 1881 census, where Thomas was the baby. The 1891 census added four children that I was unaware of. Yea team!!!

I had other successes too, but especially appreciated this one, since one of the children, Edward, is Judy's grandfather. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home