Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Sunday, November 06, 2011

A Visit to Mom and Auntie Vi
Yesterday Judy and I visited Mom and her sister. They were in good spirits. They always enjoy a visit. Using my laptop I was able to show them all of the recent family photos, which they enjoyed.

MacFamilyTree
On December 6 and 8 at 7 PM at 14325-53 Ave, in Edmonton we have scheduled a lesson on Genealogy on the Mac. A friend who has MacFamilyTree has agreed to teach the lesson on one (possibly both) of the nights. This is last of the series of lessons at Edmonton Riverbend Family History Center until after Christmas. If you use a Mac for genealogy, I invite you to come.

FamilySearch Support
I have chosen to answer the phones from 8 AM - 5 PM on Mondays and Fridays (MST). So if you call for help during that time period there is a chance that I might be the person answering the phone. I am answering 15-20 calls on most days. It keeps me on my toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home