Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Friday, August 19, 2011

Karen Ing
1960 - 2011
[in photo with husband Darcy Doble and father Charles Ing]

I just received word that my first cousin, Karen Susan Ing Doble has passed away. She is the wife of Darcy Doble, and last year they celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary by renewing their wedding vows. Not too long ago, Karen and Uncle Evans were the winners of the horseshoe competition at the Ing family reunion. This year Darcy brought Uncle Charlie to the reunion, but Karen was too sick to come. Karen has courageously battled cancer for the last few years, and we knew that her health was failing. Her death was expected, but we will all miss her warm and jolly personality. We extend our sympathy to Darcy and to her father Charles Ing, and friends and family. Funeral arrangements have not yet been announced.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill Buchanan said...

Karen's funeral will be Thur 25, August at 1 PM (viewing at 12:15) at Canadian Baptist Bible Church,
4922-58th St, Lacombe, Alberta.

Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 4:36:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home