Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Am Applying Again to Serve for Free in FamilySearch Support from my Home
Don't I already have enough to do? Actually, like most people I have lots to do!

I felt so useful when I served in FamilySearch Support ...  I really did enjoy it. My background and training was a nearly perfect match for what they needed. I will need to go through two interviews before I can have my application faxed-in. But that is my plan. The people I served with at FamilySearch are wonderful!

The person who is handling my application wrote to me.
"Because your internet service is so slow, we asked Emma whether she wanted to attempt to work with you, and she said definitely YES! Furthermore, both Mindy and Luisa overheard the conversation and chimed in with “Hallelujah!” So they will work around the slow internet somehow."

So my internet access is not up to par, but they still remember me after nearly two year's absence and they want to work with me. That feels wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home