Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last week was Mom's 91st birthday followed by Mothers Day. I talked to her and arranged that we would visit on the Monday following Mothers Day. I created a collage of photographs for Judy and another for Mom. On Sunday night we went to James and Karin's home for dessert. Karin's parents and grandmother were there too and we had a very nice evening. James printed out the collages in color, as I only have black laser printers. I gave Judy her collage, and we took Mom's to her the next day.

We gave Mom a copy of the family DVD movie I had made as well as a copy of the DVD move version of James as the star of his Grade 8 play. I took Mom to her hearing aid appointment, and we visited with her and Aunt Vi. Later we went with them for snack time, visited some more, and went home. On the way home I stopped at the Stony Plain Coop, to buy a 6 foot step ladder that I needed to replace a defective smoke alarm. (It fit inside the car, with the driver's seat moved as far ahead as possible ... a trifle uncomfortable, but still very workable.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home