Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday is a "day off" for Me
This gives me a full day to spend on my various pursuits.

In the morning, my friend Bob Wolf and I helped another friend to fix up her horse barn, which had been damaged by the horses. This was cold work but only took about an hour and a half.

In the afternoon, I created gedcom genealogy files for uploading to GenesReunited.co.uk and to Wikitree. Let's see whether I get any real "Hot Matches" from GenesReunited, now that I have more ancestors in their "matching" database. I am trying Wikitree, it is free and allows gedcom uploads. I am considering using it to build a collaborative family tree.

I also offered help on the online forums that I monitor, and wrote my handouts for Thursday's class.

In the evening I watched Jeopardy and puttered around some more on the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home