Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Saturday, March 12, 2011

It has been a good week.

My granddaughter asked for family history information for a Social Studies assignment, and later had a Facebook chat with me on the subject. I sent her a 4-generation pedogree chart.

Information our of the RootsTech conference was extremely positive. There was a lot of excitement over getting genealogists and technicians together to compare their wish lists!

I am trying Dropbox as a way of synchronizing data across 3 computers.

My presentation at the Edmonton Multi-Stake Family History Workshop was well received. The topic was "Are Family History Centers still needed?" 

http://www.genealogyintime.com/ has completed their 3-part series "A Date Guide to English Genealogy". It is accessible for free and has very useful information for anyone doing research in England and Wales. i.e. dates when certain types of records came into existence, and what they contain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home