Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Monday, November 22, 2010

Bill Buchanan's Genealogy Website Updated http://billbuchanan.byethost17.com/ This is just to let you know that my website has been updated with a new copy of the database. It now has 22,090 people, including some of the Buchanan family of Kirlish, County Tyrone, Ireland, where we have a perfect genetic match (Y-DNA 67 markers). This past summer, my cousin Darlene traveled to Ireland and Scotland, and personally financed this Y-DNA study. She was able to get some genealogy from Buchanans of Kirlish and Buchanans of Cooel, County Tyrone. She also wanted to do a Y-DNA test of the Buchanans of Cooel but time did not allow it. The genealogy is now in my database. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to my knowledge of my extended family and my wife's extended family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home