Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Sunday, November 15, 2009

We bought our new car, a 2010 Toyota Corolla CE, silver colored. It is a base model with the only options being an automatic transmission and cruise control. I am assured it was built in Cambridge, Ontario so I am doing my part to keep Canadians employed. I have finished scanning my slides and I am now scanning some old negatives Mom gave me. I will get Lloyd's scanner back to him in the next week or two. I am looking ahead to my last 6 weeks with FamilySearch World Wide Support. I will certainly miss the wonderful people I have been working with. And they keep saying how much they will miss me! I make the necessary effort to avoid letting my head swell to the point where I will need to carry it in a wheelbarrow. They are very kind to me - not just my supervisor and members of her group, but all of them! Maybe I will return in a few months or maybe not. In any case I will count it as a very rewarding period of my life. I just received an interesting offer from a distant cousin: From: "Debbie Kerkowich" Date: 15/11/2009 12:02 AM To: "Bill Buchanan" Subject: Re: hello from manitoba hi Bill, sorry it has been some time since I have corresponded with you. our harvest had been delayed and now is in full swing. I am still willing to share with you my family stuff. since time is limited here, if you could give me your mailing address I will send it to you, as long as you will send it back to me. It took me a long time to make those pages. The information is up to date, as there has not been any changes. oh wait, there has been a few. ... So I have sent Debbie my mailing address and my promise to send her materials back when I have copied them. I look forward to hearing from her. I will keep you informed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home