Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Friday, May 29, 2009

On Monday I discovered two very distant cousins on genesreunited.com. (This is an inexpensive British genealogy site where you upload a gedcom file and they inform you of potential matches in the gedcom files of other subscribers.) I am researching the ancestors of Henry Waller /Walder and Martha New, of Rogate, Sussex, England. They are the grandparents of Martha Jane Forsbury Ing, my great grandmother. Martha's mother was Ann Waller /Walder. My Australian cousins (including Irene and Adel, mentioned later) are descendants of Martha's half-brother, James Waller.
Jackie Walder Perkins is a descendant of Ann's brother Edward Walder/Waller Rogate baptisms: 12/04/1801 Edward Henry Martha WALLER Rogate marriages: 08/07/1821 Banns Groom WALLER Edward Bride PESCOT Ann With consent of parents
Jackie says that the wife of William Waller or Walder c.1660 of Rogate, Sussex, England was Jane Newlin [also suggested by another very distant relative] born Hawkley, Hampshire, England. I found her christening 11 Jul 1670 Hawkley, Hampshire, England in the IGI/NFS Her father's name was Thomas Newlin. This son of a Thomas Newlin is probably an older brother: Thomas Newlin christened 31 Dec 1655 Hawkley, Hampshire, England
The other very distant cousin was Anthony Albery. Tony gave me the long-sought christening information for Martha New!
Hi Bill I think Martha New was born in Froxfield, Hampshire, baptised 1 May 1768 according to the IGI database, her parents being John and Elizabeth New about whom I know no more. Froxfield isn't too far from Rogate so it seems a reasonable guess. Have opened my tree for you, regards Tony Anthony Albery (Member No.124280)http://www.genesreunited.com/
Anthony Re: Re: Re: Martha New (1765) 25/05/2009 19:09:00 Hi Bill Yes, I am a descendant of Elizabeth Walder who is my 3rd Great grandmother, she married John Wells at Rogate on 11 Oct 1826. According to the Rogate burial register, Martha New was 71 when she died in 1836. This would give a birth year of 1765, not too far out from the Froxfield baptism in 1768. I have just been finding Martha's siblings, 7 including her and all girls, from the IGI. The first was born in 1750 but still no sign of John New's marriage. [I haven't found Martha's sisters in the IGI yet! - Bill] regards Tony So Tony, Jackie, and I had a miniature Waller family reunion on Monday on genesreunited.com. We represented three of the children of Henry Waller and Martha New. I thought that was rather special! (These children, our ancestors, were born about 200 years ago.) Interestingly, they both had the Waller family mapped-out exactly as I have it in the gedcom file I sent to Irene Kerr ands Adel Firth-Mason. So that was reassuring. Neither one pursued the Goldring line, so I had no chance to compare notes there.
I also shared this info with Irene and Adel, as they are very interested in our Waller ancestors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home