Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Friday, November 14, 2008

Beverley Ann McCallum was born 1 Jul 1943 at Stettler, Alberta, Canada daughter of Berwin Leslie McCallum and Inez Marion Buchanan, my aunt and uncle. Bev died 30 Oct 2008 at Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I knew her quite well as we were growing up. One summer she and her friend Gail spent the summer with our family in Edgewater, BC.
Here are my notes from her memorial at Eastwood Community Hall on Monday 10 November 2008.
Roger Aeichele, her son-in-law conducted the service.
Prayer by Rita (Roger's sister)
Roger spoke of Bev's family: Son Ken and Ken's daughter Scarlett, daughter Kim and her husband Roger and their children, son Dan and his wife Dawna.Bev enjoyed puzzles, especially crossword puzzles; she loved to read, especially the King James version of the Bible; she loved music, and the company of her cat Sugar. Her greatest pride was for her children. She also had many foster children. Bev served as a crisis line counselor. And she was fun! She was the sparkling fireworks in our family.
Letter from Kim: You were a great story teller. You loved animals and people. You laughed easily and contagiously. You were always my #1 supporter. You were excited, spontaneous, and fun! You danced jigs when you were excited. You were smart, with a good knowledge of history and the Bible. You were creative: you painted, wrote poems, did cross-stitch, and did scrap-booking for Scarlett. You raised three kids during tough times. How pretty I thought you were inside and out! You loved Sylvan Lake. I miss you, but I am thankful your pain is gone. I love you.
Song: We'll Survive
Roger: reading from John chapter 14
Dan: Her laugh was contagious. She could find the good in a bad situation. Very simple things gave her so much pleasure! She was strong and gentle. She had tremendous faith in God. She was the pillar of our lives. I felt that with her support there was nothing I couldn't do.
Song: I Come to the Garden Alone
Roger: reading from 1 Thess chapter 4
Roger: I had the best mother-in-law any man could have. We first met in Prince George, BC. I liked her easy laughter and love of fun and her love of family. She was one of the most compassionate people I have ever known. I am grateful for the fun person she was. She didn't make anyone feel awkward. It was a delight to see her special realationship with my wife. She was not only "Mom", she was a friend.
Song: The Lord is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)
Roger: She was well loved. We are grateful she is free from the pain and that she is now with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Victoria (a friend - I think I heard the name correctly) Bev played darts with you. She was honest and giving. We will see her again. I enjoyed her laughter and caring and sharing.
Roger: readings from Psalm 23, Rev. 21, 1, 4
Prayer: Now I lay me down to sleep ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home