Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Monday, June 30, 2008

On Saturday June 21, my niece Kim got married. We drove down to Kelowna on Friday, stayed overnight at Bankview Bed & Breakfast on Friday and Saturday and drove home on Sunday. The B&B was excellent. The king-sized bed was comfortable, we had 1-1/2 bathrooms to ourselves, the hosts (John and Mary-Anne) were really nice, the view of the lake was beautiful and the breakfasts were absolutely wonderful! Oh yes, and all of this cost us only $80/night! The wedding was a medieval-themed wedding and the bridal party and many of the guests arrived in medieval attire. It was at the Gellatly Nut Farm, a local park that was a commercial nut farm until about 1980. It was beautiful there, in the shade of the nut trees, much like Sherwood Forest might have been. The bride came down an aisle formed by the branches of two rows of nut trees, and wed her knight in shining armour. They had written their own vows, which said what needed to be said, before an authorized agent of the state, and duly signed the register as husband and wife. The reception was at a local hotel and they fed us very well and kept us entertained for nearly 3 hours. It was wonderful to visit with my brother Reg, his wife and their chidren. And Judy and I each got a hug from Kim, and a seedling tree to take home and plant. The trip home was pleasant and uneventful. It took us about 10.5 hours to reach home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home