Bill's Genealogy Blog

Bill Buchanan is a long-time genealogy enthusiast, living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. This blog will describe my experiences as I research my family history and help others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada

I am a retired online school teacher. I love family history. From 2007-2020, I spent much of my time providing part-time support for the world's largest free family history site https://familysearch.org This is very rewarding. I have helped others with the Family Tree and related FamilySearch products.
In 2010-2018 I served in the Edmonton_Alberta_Riverbend_Family_History_Centre..I have a FHC blog at Bill's Family History Center Blog Since 2020 I have been a family history consultant for Edmonton Alberta North Stake. For information on the Latter-day Saints and family history click https://www.comeuntochrist.org/

Thursday, November 16, 2006

November 15, 2006 at the Provincial Archives of Alberta I found some more stories of our relatives . I am running out of local histories to research, but I will probably check again next Wednesday after my shift at the Family History Center. Pioneers and Progress 971.233 AL26 PAA Page 815 Mr. and Mrs. Cleave Carson Page 816 Evans Carson family Surprisingly, I even found someone I wasn't looking for. I was looking for Dick Watson in the Crowsnest Pass history books, when I found a history of Frank Knight. Frank ownwed a string of sawmills in the Crowsnest Pass. Besides a family connection, as a teenager I worked for the summer at Edgewater Sawmills, where the sawmill was designed by Frank Knight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home